Friday, September 13, 2013

Gimme Toro, gimme some more

When you can barely bend over to pick something up from off the ground in class, it becomes pretty obvious that adding legs to your weightlifting workout for the first time in two months two days before you have to do a pace run is one of the dumber things you've done lately.  At least, that's what I was planning on writing before I busted out four miles in 28 minutes this afternoon.  I even felt like I could have done another mile or two at the same pace pretty easily. I have no idea how I did it either, as my hamstrings hurt just now as I walked the two minutes to the mailbox.  The temperature having dropped from the mid-nineties to the upper sixties in the past couple of days most certainly helped.  Perhaps I also was just hoping to get home before my right thigh actually exploded, leaving me to stump my way home.  Who knows?  Either way, this will probably lead me to doing something that's actually dumb, like signing up for next May's Flying Pig Marathon if my half goes well in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment