Saturday, October 12, 2013

I'm working out, I'm eating right, I'm living well

Local H lyrics to title the post in honor of the band splitting in half.  Admittedly, that's not hard when its a two man band, but I'm sad to see Brian go as I loved the fact that he's an animal-style drummer.  The title isn't even all that accurate.  Outside of training for next week's half, I'm not working out.  I'm definitely not eating right based on the fact that I just went through a batch of peanut butter no bakes with chocolate drizzle in about three days.  I am however living well.  If you're reading this, I wish you lived closer, but other than that I have no complaints about my life.

I've decided I need to stop posting the status "First time doing yoga in forever" to facebook since I only do yoga about once every six weeks now.  I probably would've even skipped Thursday's session, except my hamstring has been screaming at me, which is really bad news a week before a race.  I need to make sure I get another session in tomorrow night and probably a couple of more in the next week.  My running has been off lately because of my cold from the last two weeks, but there's not much left I can do about that except get healthy.  I did get a ten miler in today in under eight minute miles so that's encouraging.  I'm still hoping for my pace to be around 7:20, but I won't be overly upset if its closer to 7:40.  Eight minute miles would be really disappointing however.  I don't know what it is with Anderson, but I still occasionally get a few people who yell "Run Forrest, Run!" at me when I run by.  Most people are pretty cool and several actually encourage me, but I still end up with those jackasses who don't realize that what they're saying hasn't been funny since 2000.  Its just a good way of outing yourself of being incapable of running a mile.

Besides this morning's run, I've spent most of the day cleaning.  This weekend has been a perfect storm for cleaning seeing as how I've needed to clean for the last several weeks along with Iowa having a bye week, MSU playing Indiana and the Giants playing on Thursday.  So far, I've knocked out both bathrooms, most of the kitchen and five loads of laundry.  I still have a little bit of prep work to do for school and the living room to clean, but I'm definitely happy with what I've accomplished so far.  Time to get back to it.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe YOU need to live closer! Thought of THAT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. You might be right, but its going to be tough to convince all of AU to move 200 miles north.

      Delete