Thursday, October 3, 2013

You are everything I want 'cause you are everything I'm not.

Okay, I really should be finishing up grading Finite exams, but I don't want to do that because I've been doing for the past three hours and there's still a couple of hours left.  Going through it can be a little disheartening because its low level math and some students struggle with it greatly.  I appreciate a lot of them because the lower levels normally include the hardest workers and I truly love their drive and I want them to know that I will do all I can to help them, but still, this is stuff that shouldn't be that hard.

What I really wanted to talk about was spontaneity.  From my online dating experiences, I've found that most women really appreciate spontaneity and that got me to thinking if I actually was spontaneous.  There was the road trip up to Toronto with LDub, but that was back in undergrad.  Besides, is there total off-the-cuff stuff that I just throw myself into? Probably not, but that's not necessarily the best way to go about it.  My Gatlinburg trip two months ago wasn't a spur of the moment thing, but my decision to do it was; I just then spent the next month or so figuring out all the logistics of doing it cheaply, so you know what, I'm counting it, especially since this may lead to a ritual of traveling somewhere for hiking.  In fact, I just picked up an extra session of Finite for the spring to fund next May's trip to go stomping (very gently because it might kill me) all over the Southwest.  So yeah, I'm considering myself spontaneous, but very much in a poor grad school way.

If you're wondering what the title has to do with this post, the answer is absolutely nothing.  I just wanted a break and 'Makedamnsure' was what was playing so I took that.  How's that for spontaneity? Yeah, its pretty bad, I know.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment