Tuesday, November 19, 2013

We'll show them how its supposed to be.

Just a quick update to cover the past two weeks.  First, I am now dating Krista, but more on that later.

Last Saturday, I went to the Iowa-Purdue football game with both Lisa and Krista since I was able to score tickets on StubHub for $1.11 before various fees.  We ended up sitting in the south end zone bleachers with all the Iowa fans who scored similar ticket deals.  The game was at least close for the first half before ended up blowing Purdue out in the second half.  It was a little cold out and made worse by the fact that the video screen ended up blocking out the sun in our section.  Nonetheless, it was good and now marks both twice that I've seen Iowa play and been to Purdue for a football game.  This one was miles better than the previous game, a 6-3 affair against Penn State.  After the game, Lisa and I went back to my place and went out to dinner.  We got home after that and I promptly crapped out at 8:30 and went to bed because I am the oldest person alive.  I did fall asleep though immediately so at least it was justified.

This past Saturday, I went over to Jesse's place to watch the MSU football game.  It was a good time and nice to hang out with other Anderson friends.  Yeah, that's right, my social life existed for a week or two.  Its better that I went over for that game instead of the MSU-UK basketball game since I got a little more animated for that and should probably go apologize to my neighbors if something like that happens.  Thankfully, none of them have small children.

On this past Friday, I submitted a mini-grant proposal to CURM at BYU in the hopes of getting my first research grant.  Apparently though, you have to submit a grant proposal proposal to the development office here at AU before you submit anything else.  Oops.  I screwed that up so I went around yesterday asking people for signatures and apologizing for the poor timing.  That's currently in Marie's office right now and hopefully I'll get all of that taken care of in the next couple of days.  Wish me luck. EDIT: Wish granted.  The signatures are gathered and no on e even yelled at me.  This is so much easier than trying to get signatures from all my committee members at MSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment