Saturday, August 16, 2014

You walk this world like you're a ghost

As I'm sure you've noticed, its been a little while since I've posted.  Since you're fairly astute, I'm assuming you've noticed that I didn't post a monthly update on my goals for July.  Well, my excuse is this: I've been traveling quite a bit.  My last post came from LDub's place up in Washington where I was in the midst of a Pacific Northwest trip for 8 days which concluded with a day of travel that started at 9:30 a.m. and mercifully ended at 3:30 a.m.  I then had one day off which I chose to spend on a date with Lindsey, who I am now introducing to this blog, but I've discussed her with most of you who regularly read this, with the exception of that guy from Finland that's shown up more than once, so I don't need to update you too much.  Immediately after that, I headed out to spend some quality time with Mom's side of the family on M Island.  Here are a few thoughts to update you on everything that's been happening in the meantime.

1) Its a good thing the sibling-off didn't happen this weekend because I got beat at everything.  Kelsey beat me in fishing, Rick and Sara consistently beat Audrey and me in Euchre, my only victory in Gloom came on a technicality, everyone beat me in bags, Julie beat me in Phase 10, etc.

2) I've become Fatty McLazyButt lately.  I haven't utilized my scale in a couple of weeks and I'm expecting/terrified of seeing it read 185+ tomorrow morning.  Traveling means you get to eat a lot of good food but my exercising has been pretty much nil and it shows.  I'll definitely need to start running again and get back to lifting, especially leg lifts since I still have tiny knees and my gut keeps getting bigger.  I will be signing up for next May's Flying Pig Marathon fairly soon though, so that should start giving me some motivation.  On a related note to me being fat, pulled pork nachos with blueberry salsa are delicious and you should try it.

3) Traveling has allowed me to hit up plenty of good beer for the summer, so that's a plus.  I sampled some of Jon's home brew, checked out Full Sail brewery, Chuckanut Brewery, Wander Brewing plus had Shock Top, HUB, Nicie Spicie, Arcadia Whitsun, etc. and I'm currently enjoying a Sierra Nevada.  Yes, the etc. there is the beer I had at Bob's up in Lynden that I forgot the name of.  Perhaps Luke will chime in and remind me of what it was. Edit: Luke came through.  It was Mac and Jack's African Amber.

4) I'm not actually ready for school to start as I haven't prepped for Real at all yet and I haven't updated any of my syllabi or moodle classes yet, but mentally, yeah, I'm ready for school to start.  Don't get me wrong, this summer of traveling has been awesome and I officially got the "I hate you" from my sister because of it, which is pretty much the reaction I was going for, but its taken a toll on me physically and financially and I'm ready for an 8 month break from it.  There's still a trip down to Mammoth cave next weekend where I finally get to break in my tent and a trip to Chicago for a fantasy football draft the weekend after that, but things are finally starting to slow down.

5) It'll be nice to finally get back to my own church tomorrow.  I'm officially being introduced as a member even though I officially joined back in early May.  There was another introductory service but that was when I was in Utah.  I definitely got lucky with this service since I've missed the past three weeks and will miss the next two as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment