Saturday, December 21, 2013

One thing I can tell you is you got to be free

And just like that, the semester is over and I'm free until January 13.  I finished up the last of my grading and submitted grades at around 11:30 on Thursday, meeting my desired deadline of noon so I could partake in my traditional Five Guys' celebration lunch.  The plan was then for me to relax and be lazy that afternoon before hanging out with Krista once more before the break.  Instead, Krista's teacher body realized she was going on break and so she ended up getting sick and we didn't meet up at all.  I'm fine with that as we're not in that stage of the relationship where my first thought is to go comfort her; I'm glad she didn't want me to see her puking and she kept her gunk to herself.  Friday morning, I cleaned up my office, as in, I threw away all the non-important papers on my desk.  For some reason, we don't have obvious paper recycling at AU and this needs to be changed and soon.  I saturated my plant with water in the hopes that it won't die before heading back to finish packing.  I took off around 11:30 and outside of some issues with greatly reduced visibility due to fog in Northern Indiana, made it home around 4:00 to begin Christmas break.

The question now begging though is "What do I do with all of this time?"  I don't have a clue what I'm going to do for all of the next two weeks.  I should have gone for a run this morning, but based on how icy the driveway was when I pulled in yesterday, I gave that up as a bad idea.  I'll get around to running soon enough, seeing as how I'll be doing novice marathon training to get ready for the half I'm running in May.  Obviously, I'll do a lot of reading over the break as well.  Once the sisters get here, I'm sure some games will be played and there's a puzzle or four that will be done.  Heck, I might even go back to Skyward Sword and see if I can't finish that off.  Besides that though, who knows?  Its 10:00 right now and all I've done so far this morning is eat breakfast and write this blogpost.  It feels good, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment