Wednesday, July 9, 2014

With the exception of you, I dislike everyone in the room

That's right, dear reader.  I love you and only you.  Not those jerks that don't read this blog.  Forget them.

And since I love you so much, I'm going to give you an update on the summer goals since we're about halfway through.  As I'm sure you know, the Mighty Five goal has been accomplished and still was the high point of the summer.  The wine glass shelf was built and I think it looks really nice.  Kentucky hasn't happened yet, but Roger and I will be visiting distilleries and Red River Gorge in a couple of weeks.  Mammoth Cave isn't looking real great right now, but I think I can squeeze in right at the end.  I fully expect to drink Jon has brewed himself as I already have a plane ticket for Portland for the end of the month.

Now for the things that won't happen.  I missed out on the fast food goal on the day I came back from Utah.  I had been gone for ten days and after a fairly boring flight and then another hour drive home, I got back and it was 5:00 and I had no groceries in the house.  I could have made a quick run to Meijer, but I was tired and all I really wanted to do was go through pictures and nothing else, so I made a quick Wendy's run.  P90X2 also won't happen.  I gave up after the first month because some of the routines just get a little long.  Besides that, I missed running.  I haven't given up on exercising at all though.  I'm getting back into a running rhythm and will soon head down to Indy to finally get properly fitted for shoes so I can't have LDub giving me an "I told you so" if my knees literally explode in six years due to buying shoes at Kohls based predominantly on how cool I think they look.  I'm also trying to get back into lifting a little to get some muscle mass back.  My favorite move that I've picked up over the past year is the full lat raise.  Take the standard lat raise and instead of stopping with your arms parallel to the floor, keep raising them all the way to perpendicular.  This should help develop my traps and make them all good and sexy.  The issue with this is that this means I end up only doing running and upper body lifting.  I definitely need to go check out AU's gym and start doing some big leg exercises like deadlifts and good mornings, but not squats, because I don't like squats.  

Everything else currently qualifies as a maybe right now, but I'm ready to declare the summer a success already, assuming my remaining travels are at least half as fun as I expect them to be.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you should do squats and you're a bum if you don't.

    ReplyDelete