Thursday, September 18, 2014

I'm not really that fat

First, yes, I know a song that has they lyric "I'm not really that fat" in it.  Its from NOFX's Theme From a NOFX Album.  I'd prefer if you wouldn't google the rest of the lyrics.  I know no one wants to read a post where I basically call myself fat again (possible exception: Julie.  She'll like calling me a fatty.) but that's what you're getting.  For the entire month of September, my scale has told me I've weighed at least 183 pounds every morning.  Adjusting for the fact that my scale is light and I've probably been greater than 186 for the entire month and most likely have been pushing 190.  Seeing as how I'd like to be at around 175, you can see where this is a problem.  I've gotten back into lifting and have been hitting the gym three times a week at 6:30 in the morning to start packing on some muscle.  I'm still trying to run a couple of times a week or so too, but so far, that's very much been hit and miss.  Going to the gym has been nice and while muscle may be made there, unfortunately, it gets defined in the kitchen.  I have struggled there.  In fact, I may have made apple pie cupcakes earlier today whose base is a cinnamon roll.  They're not fantastic, but certainly not bad.  I've already had four.  Now you know why I'm fat.  There's a reason my last roommate called me the skinniest fat guy he knew.

I do see this as a problem though since I don't particularly like how I look in pictures right now so I'll need to find a way to drop the weight again.  Actually, the weight's not the problem.  I've got a gut that shows up and my chest isn't as tight as I'd like it to be so if I just change that, I'll be fine.  To get there, I'm strongly considering taking a dietbet and putting my money where my mouth shouldn't be and now making it actually hurt if I don't back it up.  The hardest part of this will be asking Lindsey to stop baking because she's really, really good at it and I don't want to discourage this in any way.  At least I'll die fat and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment