Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I'm gonna relax like everybody should

One of the best things about growing up is learning who you are and becoming comfortable with that.  I can say without hesitation now that I am an introvert.  In high school/college, I always had these ideas that what the cool kids liked best was going out to these big parties where you have the opportunity to meet all of these new people.  I wasn't cool enough to get invited to anything like that anyway, but that was never something I enjoyed.  I hate small talk.  I am bad at it and just straight up don't enjoy it.  I would love to have a meaningful conversation to you but mindless banter straight up drains me.  Do I want to go to a large party where I don't know anyone?  Absolutely not; I'd rather stay in and do nothing.  Do I want to go to a large party where I know practically no one but I'm going with my girlfriend who is sensitive to this and sticks by me because she knows these types of things about me?  Sure, why not? This gives me the chance to get to know a few of the people she knows and likes.  Do I want to go to a small party with Lindsey and a few of these friends she has introduced me to? Definitely.  It is a little less fun though when the majority of those people are cheering for Ohio State and MSU craps the bed and now I'm getting trash talked by the host who is half my size.  I'm in an introvert but I still need to spend some time with other people.  I just want to do it a few people at a time and on my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment