Monday, November 3, 2014

What you want me to say?

A quick update on October.  There have been a lot of other possible posts brewing, but nothing substantial as of yet that I feel the need to get out.

1) Work harder - Same story as before.  I've been in the gym every MWF morning no later than 6:30 so I'm looking a little bigger, but running has been terrible.  I put in less than 20 miles for all of October and this needs to get better and fast which will be an issue as it gets cold.  Work for AU has been fine and its gotten busy but not with anything out of the normal.

2) Play harder - In any of the usual ways, no.  In my newfangled socialite ways, sure.  This is what happens when you date an extrovert; you go to parties and its fun but its totally draining.  I did get out to Turkey Run with Lindsey and a few others though.

3) Travel more - Outside of that trip to Turkey Run, all I had was a quick trip up to Chicago to present a math talk at Trinity.  November will bring the trip home for Thanksgiving, but very likely nothing more.

4) Read more - I finished off Robert Ressler's Whoever Fights Monsters, Jeff Vandermeer's Annihilation and Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl.  They were definitely some interesting reads with some interesting characters.

5) Drink better beer - Finally, a goal I succeeded in for the month.  I finally ended that case of Red Rye IPA as well as going through a few Union Jack IPAs from Firestone Walker.  The much more interesting day though was the game day I had with Lindsey and her friends Tim and Zach who are both beer nerds.  I can't recall half of the stuff we drank (all singles), but the most enjoyable one for me was Funky Gold Mosaic.

No comments:

Post a Comment