Monday, June 15, 2015

Old but I'm not that old

A couple months ago, Lindsey first approached me about riding ROC Michigan with her.  Admittedly, my first thought was "How do I get out of this?".  Thankfully, I never followed up on that thought and eventually agreed to join the ride for at least the first two days.  Even though I was minimally active in raising money, I'm glad I joined in on the ride and I had a blast.  I got to meet some cool new people and we all helped each other do something a little bigger than we would probably do by ourselves.  I biked 94 miles over the weekend which puts me up to 150 miles on the summer and that means another goal has been accomplished.

As much as this is the year that my body breaks down, its also becoming the summer of pushing myself through new limits.  I ran a marathon at the start of May, followed that up by hiking 30+ miles with 10000 feet of elevation gain in 3 days some two weeks later and then followed that up with this bike ride three weeks later.  I'm not sure how to follow this up.  It feels like I need to get a 2 mile swim in by the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment