Saturday, January 16, 2016

Do I stay or do I go now?

As I mentioned in the last post, the end of Christmas break saw me as lazy and depressed because I wasn't social or productive.  For the last several years, hiking has been one of my escapes and basically, any time I've had a week or so free, I've looked to get away and marvel in God's creation.  The biggest drawbacks to that are that 1) I live in Indiana, where decent hiking is several hours away and 2) airplane tickets are expensive, at least on a Midwestern teachers salary.  Between backpacker.com and bigroads.com, I've got a list of about 250 different awesome hikes in the states.  However, very few of them are in the midwest, but one I've been eying for a while is Zaleski state forest out in Ohio, which is about four hours away from me.  I contemplated going several times over the end of Christmas break, but didn't go.  Now, I've got Monday off and the only thing I have on Tuesday is Calc recitation so I've got the time, but its going to get really cold in the next couple of days so I think I'll save some gas and hotel money and just stay here still (possibly regretting it) but there's a chance I head out tomorrow morning at 7.

Morning edit: I did not go.  Instead, I sit here in my apartment, updating this post.  I still think I made the right decision, but I also think its a little bit irresponsible not to road trip when gas is $1.60.  I will make up for this at spring break, and after the semester ends, and for my first honeymoon, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment