Friday, April 24, 2015

A quick update on my shoulder just to let everyone know how its doing.  There's been good news and bad news.  The good news is that the pain has become less frequent and if I'm distracted or involved in something else, I don't notice it.  I'm also sleeping better, albeit on my couch and with an ice pack.  The bad news is that the numbness in my finger still hasn't gone away.  Further, the area just above my left elbow has started to hurt a little bit.

On a referral from one of the athletic trainers, I went to a walk in clinic yesterday.  They did a series of x-rays on my shoulder which showed no structural damage so everything looked good there.  The current diagnosis is that one of the muscles alongside my shoulder blade spasmed on Sunday night and just hasn't fully relaxed yet.  I'm on a five day regimen of prednisone which should help relax the muscles and hopefully that will take care of everything.  If not, the next step will be physical therapy.  I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that because that means I'm probably running the flying pig with a janked shoulder and I'm just really ready to be done with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment