Friday, April 4, 2014

I don't care where, just far

When I got back home from Puerto Rico, it felt really good to be back home where I could get back into my routines, as I had previously mentioned.  That lasted for about 8 hours.  I woke up from a nap that Sunday and realized that I'd rather be back out exploring and adventuring.  I've since gotten back into a rhythm with school and running and whatnot, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to the summer and having some extra time on my hands.

Most of my summer travel plans you already know about - Vegas/Utah in May, Kentucky (twice) in May and/or June, camping/hiking sometime and somewhere with Tori, and then hopefully Seattle and Portland in August followed by a week out at the cabin.  However, of the three classes I'm currently scheduled to teach in the summer, two currently have no students enrolled which means I may now have everything but Tuesday and Thursday night free.  This means I've got long weekends all over the place and I might take a few more trips out to day hike.  Monongahalea out in West Virginia looks fun, as do several of the hikes I've researched in northern Georgia.  I might also look to get out to South Carolina or Virginia for the first time or possibly head out to Kansas City if I want something a little bigger.  If everything worked out perfectly, I might even end up out in Denver again looking to knock out another 14er.  Missing out on two of my summer classes does mean my traveling fund takes a significant hit, but based on the rest of my schedule it looks like a moratorium has been put on worrying about travel spending and that I can instead just start making up for all those years of grad school where I couldn't afford to go anywhere.

This extra time also means I'll probably be spending a much larger chunk of my time down in Broad Ripple instead of here in Anderson.  Tori's already told me she's going to try to convince me to move down closer to her instead of re-upping on my lease in August.  I strongly doubt she'll succeed as it will be hard to give up my four mile commute, especially seeing as how it'd probably just be a one-year stopgap anyway and as Mom and Dad will surely verify, I'm sick of moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment