Monday, April 7, 2014

Pressure's building up inside, I gotta let it out tonight

Did you ever have a day where everything's going fairly well, just to have a spur of the moment decision bring failure, followed by a little radio silence and a rainstorm just bring you absolutely down in the dumps?  That's how today went.  I went to get a workout in, just because I knew I'd feel worse if I didn't, but all I really wanted to do was crank up old school Offspring and go outside and walk around my apartment complex in a jacket and hat to state my defiance of the rain in the hopes that would help.

Something happened though about 20 minutes into the workout.  My most recent scripture memory passage came back to me - Philippians 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."  So I did the only thing I could.  I stopped what I was doing and fell facedown on the floor and prayed and poured out my heart.  By the time I was five words in, I had surprised myself by what I was praying and learned what was truly on my heart.  After getting it out, I felt better.  Immediately thereafter though, God showed me what my prayer should have been, so I stopped again and prayed that.  My mood immediately lifted and I continued on with my workout.

I still took that walk though.  I made it about 20 steps before I realized that God was showing me yet again just how big He is.  That despite the dark and dreariness and discomfort, that this is just another storm to get through and everything will be okay.  That even though the wind and cold rain doesn't necessarily feel great, it still brings life with it.  As long as I realize how big my God is, nothing can get to me.



On a less serious note, did you ever have a day when you were doing upright rows with adjustable dumbbells, but let them get too close to your chest on a rep and one of them ends up catching you and scraping your nipple?  Yeah, that also happened today.  Between this and the running, oh, my poor nipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment