Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Still can be great

A few weeks ago, I was told I was a great man.  I believe there was some authenticity in the statement, but I don't believe it was full authenticity and it was partly said simply to placate me.  It did get me to thinking though about what it means to be great.  You can certainly define what it means to be great in your own way here.  I was originally going to write a post asking if you had the audacity to be great.  When I consider the things I'm actually good at (math, running, etc.), its all things in which I don't actually consider myself great.  I put in a ton of work on them on I became very good, but certainly nothing where I can't easily find people who are better.  The original post would've been a call to see what you can do to best improve yourself and see if you'd be willing to put in all that time to make yourself awesome at anything.

Instead, hike southern Utah.  You'll understand what great is and where your place in it lies.  Its amazing God gave us something so awe inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment