Thursday, May 1, 2014

We'll take her up and fly her blind and fall asleep to the engine whine

Alas, the feel good posts don't last.  Sunday night Tori called me up and told me things weren't going to work.  It didn't come from completely out of nowhere, but it did catch me totally by surprise as I certainly didn't think things would end this fast.  She gave me the courtesy of discussing everything so we finally got that in last night and we talked it out and now we're officially over.  Tori explained all of her reasons for wanting to end it and they are very legitimate reasons, but right now, I can't say I feel the same as I think they are all things we could work through.  She's totally right in that there are a few ways in which we are completely different and perhaps this is for the best, but right now this one stings as I truly believe there could have been something great between us and for at least a little while, I know she felt exactly the same way.  The way she handled things showed a great deal of maturity, but that's cold comfort when what you're desiring is rampant optimism combined with dedication.

We're not leaving this relationship on bad terms because we don't like each other.  Maybe eventually someday we can be friends. (Edited for obvious reasons).  Right now, all I can do is keep praying, thank God for the great/intense two months that we had together and start to move on while I rekindle the hope of finding the absolutely amazing woman God has planned to be my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment