Monday, June 9, 2014

Today is the greatest day I've never known

As its the inspiration for today's post, I'll start with the first couple of verses of Smashing Pumpkins' Today:

"Today is the greatest day I've ever known
Can't live for tomorrow, tomorrow's much too long
I'll burn my eyes out before I get out

I wanted more than life could ever grant me
Bored by the chore of saving face

Today is the greatest day I've never known
Can't wait for tomorrow, I might not have that long
I'll tear my heart out before I get out

Pink ribbon scars that never forget
I tried so hard to cleanse these regrets
My angel wings were bruised and restrained
My belly stings"

Yesterday was a zero dollar day.  I've had quite a few of those lately and its really starting to wear on me since I had been doing really well and its totally fallen off.  I can talk all I want on here about greatness or failure and grace and whatnot, but none of it really matters if I'm not putting forth an effort.  That's what's bugged me about my actions most recently as I'm not fighting at all.  I'm not being disciplined in working out or eating correctly or anything really.  To counteract this, I make this pledge.  I vow to make the rest of the week worth $10.  Something needs to change right now and hopefully this will do it.

The rest of the summer may be a little weird since I won't be able to be a creature of routine at all.  Monday will still be softball and Tuesday and Thursday will be class, but there will just be so many weekends where I'll be gone that my focus won't be able to be on the mundane and the every day things.




No comments:

Post a Comment