Sunday, June 29, 2014

I felt like this on my way home

Its been an exhausting week.  Grandpa has been buried.  Sara has a new last name.  Lots of emotions and one big swing between the emotional extremes.  The funeral was sad because of the finality of it and seeing the struggles of so many people I respect.  The wedding was awesome and Sara and Rick did a fantastic job of planning something that fit them and was still more fun than most weddings I've been to.

That said, I'm quite happy to be home.  All of the traveling this summer has taken its toll on me.  I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine, if only for a couple of weeks.  There's still the Kentucky trip with Roger, the trip back to the Northwest (which I need to buy tickets for and soon) and the trip out to Menninga island.  But for now, I just want to relax and be peaceful.  I need to get back into running and having devotions in my own bed and doing my own cooking.  The key for me will to be just content to be here.  My original plan had me going down to Mammoth Cave on the 12th, but that's the church league softball tournament, which is a pretty weak excuse, but I'm totally okay with it.  I'm going to go read and rest up.  Later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment