Sunday, March 2, 2014

Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time

Yep, no DLZ lyrics and I'm quite excited about it.

End of February update.

1) Work harder - The first check for my extra class came in this month and it was a nice little boost.  I'll make sure to put it to good use as Luke and I are hammering out the details of visiting Utah in May.  I've already picked up a few other supplies like a headlamp and a sleeping bag.  My biggest expenses obviously will be the flights and renting a car for a week.  Also, Lisa got the confirmation that she'll be in Vegas the week prior, so I can fly out midweek and hike around Red Rock Canyon even before Luke gets there.

Additionally, this month was much better along the lines of eating right and working out.  I ran more, lifted more and near the end of the month, started doing yoga more consistently.  My diet went to crap at the end of the month, but that might have something to do with going out to eat four times this weekend.  Mom being kind and bringing down cupcakes for my birthday made things delicious, but not overly healthy.

2) Play harder - The plans are getting there, but nothing yet.  Stay tuned.  I'll be in Puerto Rico in 15 days.

3) Travel more - Yeah, still a no.  I did get further than Fishers though as I had a date with Tori last night down in Broad Ripple.  I still haven't had a single trip of 50+ miles yet this year, but like I said, Puerto Rico is coming soon.

4) Read more - I finished Miss Pergerine's Home for Peculiar Children.  I've also knocked out A Visit From the Goon Squad (Yawn.  It wasn't poorly written, except for the chapter written by the kid, but seriously, what was the point of this book?), 13 Reasons Why, and now I'm about 2/3 of the way through Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath.

5) Drink better beer - I admit it.  I caved in and bought booze before spring break.  I got a bottle of wine so I could drink alone on Valentine's Day at my students' suggestion.  Since my grill is out of gas, I wasn't able to make this year's birthday dinner of steak and wine so I switched over instead to a steak burrito and a beer.  This meant I needed to buy beer though.  I picked up some Boulevard 80 Acre and some Sam Adams Cold Snap, which is fairly non-descript.  I also had a Founders All Day on last night's date that went so well.  I'll need to check out what Puerto Rico has for beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment