Sunday, March 23, 2014

Home, where my thought's escaping

After a couple of long travel days, I've made it home and it feels good to be back.  I got to sleep in my own bed and my head is freshly shaved and I'm doing laundry and in a few minutes I'll head out to the grocery store so I can prepare my own food and it'll be wonderful to be back in charge of all of those little things like that again.

Friday was a day spent in travel.  I spent four hours in the San Juan airport which is somewhat boring, but any airport would be.  The flight to Fort Lauderdale was fine and I was seated next to friendly skinny people, which is helpful, but at the end of the flight, they started going off on health food stuff, lauding the effects of juiced kale and quinoa and chia and stevia and discussing the differences between masticating and pulverizing blenders and by the time the plane touched down, I'd never wanted McDonald's so much in my life.  The thing is, Fort Lauderdale's airport blows.  There was an Uno Express, an overpriced Greek place that I went to and was sorely disappointed in and a Dunkin Donuts express, which I went to visit after my spicy chicken wrap failed to sate my hunger, just in time to see it close at 8:00.  My flight in Fort Lauderdale was delayed half an hour so I got to spend another two hours there before finally getting into Chicago at 11:30 local time, which isn't that bad, except I had been up at 5:30 eastern time to get some pictures of the sunrise over Condado beach.

Saturday was a good day.  I got to catch up with Ben and Roger over lunch and we just talked for several hours and made potential plans for the summer.  I got to visit Binny's again and now my wine rack is significantly less embarrassing.  Namely, there's actually wine in it now so you can tell what it is.  Lisa and I then drove up to Gurnee to meet Sara and Rick for Sara's birthday which is a tradition I've really come to enjoy.  Its so much better than the first time Sara and I did it a couple of years ago when we were both miserable.  I then drove back home again last night and got in around 12:30-1:00, but it meant I wasn't driving this morning so I'm glad I did it.

So yeah, spring break was good and I'm glad I traveled and experienced new things, even if it was solo.  I think I got some decent pictures, if no super exciting stories to go along with them.  It was a fun trip, but I'm glad to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment