Monday, March 17, 2014

Just when you think that you're down and out

After day one of spring break solo travel, I can safely say that solo travel so far is overrated.  Today was just tough.  Up at 5:00 so I could be on the road at 6:00 to catch a 9:00 flight then seven hours in the air, which was closer to eight.  Then, a few issues with my rental car made it somewhat more expensive than I thought it would be and I came to the realization it would have been cheaper and significantly less of a hassle to just have booked an excursion to El Yunque for tomorrow.  I feel like I'm putting this pressure on myself to make this trip absolutely awesome because I haven't dropped much money on traveling before.  That's definitely not helping my mindset.  Further, the roads in San Juan are tough seeing as how when you approach Old San Juan, they loop and everything is one way.  I got turned around looking for parking several times since my hotel has very little and the frustration just kept building.  I just took a 30 minute shower hoping to wash off my physical stink as well as the stink of what feels like a failed day.

Lord willing, tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment